Help revitalize our communities.
Sign up to participate in our LA Corps EPA Environmental Workforce Training.
Be one of 60 “Brownfields” Program trainees to participate in this year’s FREE environmental workforce job development training, funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and led by the LA Corps.
“During the Brownfields training we learned about the removal of hazardous materials and safety practices when doing the job to protect ourselves and others. The experience was great, especially when doing hands-on training, which was my favorite. I’m looking forward to a long-time career as a heat and frost installer.”
– LA Corpsmember Esteban, Program Graduate
About the Training
- Earn certifications and learn skills to secure employment in the environmental field.
- 6 week training program includes lecture sessions and interactive, hands-on trainings
- Training topics include: environmental remediation, hazmat, lead renovation and repair, mold remediation, OSHA, CPR/first aid, asbestos abatement, refinery education and other useful skills.
- Note 2019 dates below for each separate training topic.
- Aged 18 years or older
- Unemployed or under-employed
- Self-motivated and committed to becoming employed
- Ability to pass a pre-enrollment drug screening
- Interest in the Trades
- Seeking a career (not just a job) in the environmental field
- Valid drivers Licenses (desired)
2020 Training Dates
Training sessions are held from 7:00am – 3:30pm each date unless notified otherwise.
STAY TUNED FOR 2020 DATES
TOPICS MAY INCLUDE:
> CPR/First Aid
> Alternative Energy photovoltaic mechanics and installation
> Mold Remediation
> Confined Space
> Lead Abatement
> Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting
The LA Corps collaborates with partner organizations to place program graduates in jobs after the program, including:
- Canoga Park-South Valley WorkSource Center,
- Heat & Frost Insulators Local 5 Joint Apprenticeship Trust,
- GRID Alternatives and
- IQ Personnel
This training program is led by the LA Conservation Corps, a local nonprofit known for its hands-on workplace training to prepare young adults with marketable knowledge and skills to secure promising career pathways to success. Since 2005, the Corps has continued to be one of a handful of organizations nationwide to partner with the EPA to train underemployed and unemployed adults in the environmental field.
Email us to let us know you’d like to register for the training. Include your full name and phone number.
323-224-2550 ext. 532
LA Corps East LA Site
1020 South Fickett Street
Los Angeles, CA 90023
Contact Denise to register and confirm your spot. Share your full name, email address and phone number.
323-224-2550 ext. 532 .